Aug 13, 2011


In my experience, divorce has altered every adult relationship in my life. Fractured some, tested others, torn some apart. It was unexpected, unimagined. But divorce has changed me. In more ways than I could count or fathom. Its made me realize that it really is up to me, to teach people how to treat me. And its also only up to me to surround myself with people who aid in my healing, my transformation, my positive choices. Its hard sometimes, to see people turn their backs, see them focus on their own grief. I feel distant, from so many people in my old life, so removed. How do I gain back that closeness, that space between us? The awkwardness the comes with me being someone completely different than who I was before....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...