Jan 28, 2010

Vancouver

So Vancouver. For the first time, I knew what it meant to be centered. To not worry about expectations, social requirements, attitudes, shoulds and should not's. I felt truly centered for the first time in my life, and it was freeing. I could look within, and listen to my heart, instead of listening to opinions, and pressures, and other peoples agenda's. The calmness of my heart was palpable, in a way that it never has been before. I have tried to explain to people how my soul felt in Vancouver, but I dont think I explain it well, as no one seems to catch my enthusiasm (well besides my father, but he feels the same way I do about Vancouver, so our souls speak instead of our mouths). Ill end this post by trying to explain it like this: In Calgary my soul feels dry, almost brittle, as if the lack of moisture in the air, not only dries out my skin, but my very essence as well. In Vancouver, my soul is like a sponge, absorbing the vibe of the city, the salty damp air, and the glory of a city that seems never ending with the options it has, for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...