Sep 11, 2009

Touching Tongues

So when I was younger, like quite young, my sister Joyelle and I spent our whole summer "tongue touching". We were on a road trip to BC, to our grandfathers cabin at Swan's Pointe and we spent the whole car ride touching tongues because we thought it felt funny. Oh the silly things kids do who dont know better! Anyway, because we were innocent and children and didnt know that what we were doing was kind of weird, one day we touched tongues in front of my mom. My mother looked down at us giggling, having a great time and with disgust said, "Lara, you know better than that, thats disgusting, stop it."

Now, I certainly did NOT know better, I had no idea what she was talking about? Why did I suddenly feel dirty, why did I suddenly feel like I was a deviant? It was an alarming and uncomfortable feeling not knowing why you are disgusting, I felt ashamed, embarassed, but mostly what I felt was curious, why was touching tongues with your sister gross?


A few years earlier I had a similar experience. I was riding my bike with my sisters. We were on the way to the candy store (my favorite childhood activity), when suddenly I could sense my sisters energy shift from our lighthearted summer bike ride energy, to fear and panic. We rode our bikes home as quickly as our little legs could peddle. When we got home my sisters couldn't wait to tell my mom that they saw a man walking on the street and from what I could pick up, they saw something alarming in his pants. I had no idea what they were talking about, or what could possibly be in a man's pants that would frighten my sisters so much! So I asked my mother, I said, "Mom whats going on? What was in his pants?", and my mother looked at me and said, "Lara use your head, what do you think was in his pants." All of a sudden a light bulb went on, A GUN!!!

ok, so it was a dull bulb...


I figured out years later that it was a penis.

1 comment:

  1. HS this is funny business Lara! I found your blog today and am already on page two...tongue touching, panty soup, russian is the new black...ahh sugga! Im adding you to my page fo so!

    ReplyDelete

Always like to hear from you...