Aug 5, 2011

i love to craft. fortunately my job is full of opportunities to be creative and craft to my hearts content. Origami, friendship bracelets, pet rocks, doodling for days. I love colouring. On my first day at work a little girl asked me if I wanted to colour. As I sat down at the craft table and got handed a piece of paper. I stared at it blankly for what seemed like an eternity. What does a 28 year old woman draw? I hadn't drawn in years. My companion on the other hand, went right into colouring, the first thing on her mind? a horse. As she drew her terribly ill proportioned horse, I realized, she didn't care that her horse was ugly, or misshapen. She drew because it made her happy, because she was practicing a skill, and perhaps most importantly, because she really liked horses. Jump to 4 weeks later and you will see me constantly doodling, drawing, sketching and outlining. I love to draw unicorns, princess', mermaids, diamonds and rainbows. I've even been known to draw the occasional dragon or lion. Not to toot my own horn but my princess' are in pretty high demand.


Grab some coloured pencils and doodle. It's funner than tv, for reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...