Feb 16, 2011

embrace the martian


Awhile ago, I gave myself permission to be myself. I decided to be me at all costs. So if that means Im quiet, or giggly, or I interview people when I meet them, or if Im perverted, or too in your face, or mock you too soon. Thats me, and thats who I want to be. But today I learnt an equally important and seemingly obvious lesson. I decided to give my friends permission to be themselves as well. Their; in your face, too many jokes, too loud, too quiet, awkward laughing, sexual humoured, over-talking, racist joked selves. Thats who they are, and I love them, and now, they have permission to be themselves. This probably wont make any difference to how I treat them, or how they view me. But in my heart there has been a shift. And the shift was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...