Jan 4, 2011

Happy New Year

My friend Sandra taught me a life changing skill a couple years ago. She taught me, through example, to set goals for myself and achieve them. Prior to her in my life, I went through this worldly experience never achieving anything I wanted to do, because I would never set a goal, as I was afraid of failure. When I learnt that if I set the intention to do something, wrote it down and spoke it out loud, I would find the drive within myself to complete what I set out to do, my life changed. I started realizing that my dreams were up to me to complete. I didn't want to be the kind of person who talked about things I wanted to do but never found a way to get them done. I wanted to be a person of action, of forward motion. I wanted to become the person I am today. A person who takes risks, and completes goals. Without this lesson I would never have moved to Vancouver, and I would still be wishing I lived here.

This being said, my New Years Resolutions are always very important. These aren't the typical "workout more" or "quit smoking" that you hear again and again. These are goals that I intend to complete. Goals that will make me one step closer to being exactly who I want to be. These goals are important.

In 2011 I will:

-Take Reiki 3
-Look into Reflexology Classes
-Take a dance class
-Use my sewing machine
-Practice internal validation instead of seeking validation with my peers.
-Practice kindness, patience, and thankfulness daily.
-Once this year, set aside 2-3 days to process and release the murk at the bottom of my heart
-Find or form a group of intellectual peers who meet semi-regularly to discuss things of importance.

Thats my list. Whats on yours?

miss dena cherie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...