Nov 20, 2010

My response to a friend

A girlfriend ask me how I was doing in Vancouver, and I thought you might all like to know the answer to that. Here was my response.

Im doing well. I work at this little coffee shop/sandwich shop downtown. WE MAKE THE BEST SANDWICHES. Marble rye, cheese herb bread, multigrain. Hungarian Salami, Blackforest Ham, Shrimp Salad, Egg Salad, Chicken Salad. With all the veggies. So good! And we make coffee of course. I work with some nice girls and everyone has potty mouths. My boss is constantly swearing at customers (in a joking way) and everyone is super sarcastic. Its nice. Its not trendy or pretentious. And I think on a level I was hoping to work somewhere "hip" but I think God placed me in the perfect place. I work M-F 10am - 430am!! IDEAL!! Actually I wanted less hours but Josh doesnt have a job right now so Im the only one bringing home the bacon. I let my boss know that when Josh gets a full time job I would want to work a little less, he was cool with it! So ya, I'm happy. I also work at LUSH part time. So I get free and cheap bath and cosmetics products too. I work on Robson so I get to be in the busy downtown core and have drinks after work. Its lovely.

Im loving living here. Ive been so busy and I dont really even have any friends. I feel so creative, and I have a couple projects in the works that Ill keep you updated on when they get on their feet. I think youll be pumped. My apartment is coming together and I have been loving going to thrift stores to create my nest again. Josh and I bought a 1912 singer sewing machine in its orignal desk the other week for $60! I could go on and on about the great finds Im finding out here. But ill stop. (:

Spiritually I feel alive out here. Creative, aware, growing, constantly. God screams at me out here, he shakes me, trips me, talks to me in a way that is alive and real and palpable. Its so easy to trust my gut.

Im doing one thing that scares me everyday, and that has been interesting. Its funny 'cause it really does get hard to find things that scare you. Ive been asking randoms out for coffee and saying the first thing I think before over analyzing it. its been really good. Im so glad I moved. Im seeing myself through strangers eyes and its so refreshing. Its like Im getting to know myself all over again.

Josh and I are good. He hasnt found a job and I think the fact that he is bored and constantly around here has put a little pressure on us. I think its hard for him to be in a city with no job, no friends, no outlet. He is starting to get frustrated a little bit, but even that is a lesson. I am learning over and over again to detatch from the DESIRE I have to help him, fix him, save him. I am learning more and more everyday to let go. Its been nice. A little tiring, but nice.

All in all, life is better than I ever though it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...