Nov 27, 2010

Favorite Things





















Lately I have been obsessed with Taxidermy. I keep mentioning my desire to taxidermy my dog upon his death to people and everyone seems to have the same reaction: horror. The truth of the matter is, people have been taxidermy-ing for hundreds of years. Hunters mount the heads of their kill on their mantels, eccentric old professors have stuffed cats in their studies, and Torrington, Alberta has an entire museum dedicated to stuffed gophers to which no one raises an eyebrow. I have no idea why putting a unicorn horn on my dog, stuffing him and turning him into a rocking-dog when he dies is such a horrible idea.

Some day soon taxidermy is going to be in vogue again, and then well see who's laughing.

For anyone who's interested, I came across this jewellery maker who agrees with me. I find her pieces AMAZING!! What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...