Oct 24, 2010

I cant do chatting

Currently I'm reading "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time", its narrated by an autistic teen who "cant do chatting". This book is peppered with wisdom and humour, and makes me think that maybe we are all a little autistic.


On the fifth day, which was a Sunday, it rained very hard. I like it when it rains hard. It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty."
Mark Haddon (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time)

"Siobhan says that if you raise one eyebrow it can means lots of different things. It can mean 'I want to do sex with you' and it can also mean 'I think what you just said was very stupid."
Mark Haddon


"The word "metaphor" means carrying something from one place to another . . . and it is when you describe something by using a word for something that it isn't. This means that the word "metaphor" is a metaphor.
-Mark Haddon


I think it should be called a lie because a pig is not like a day and people people do not have skeletons in their cupboards. And when I try and make a picture of the phrase in my head it just confuses me because imagining and apple in someone's eye doesn't have anything to do with liking someone a lot and it makes you forget what the person was talking about. "
Mark Haddon (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always like to hear from you...